Williams-Sonoma Pumpkin Squares, super moist and delicious. A Williams-Sonoma recipe using Muirhead Pecan Pumpkin Butter. The only pumpkin square recipe you’ll ever need!
Ever walk into a Williams-Sonoma store and find the most lovely fragrance of pumpkin wafting through the air? It just draws you in and makes you want to try to figure out where that wonderful smell is coming from. And if you’re lucky, you might find that some employee has just baked a batch of what they call “Simple Fall Dessert Squares” using the Muirhead Pecan Pumpkin Butter that they sell in store and set out samples for the customers to try! How convenient, right? And irresistible. It gets me every time and I can never leave the store without purchasing a jar or two!
The original recipe is available at Williams-Sonoma stores. But its really so wonderful, I thought I’d post it here for you to try. So wonderful in fact, that they were a big hit when I recently took them to a gathering of friends. And when I was asked for the recipe I had to confess that it wasn’t even my recipe but that it was from Williams-Sonoma!
If you want to give them a try, you’ll first need to pick up a jar of the star ingredient: Muirhead Pecan Pumpkin Butter available at Williams-Sonoma so you can make a batch of these three layer wonders for yourself.
Note: I am not being paid, by any stretch of the imagination, for my glowing endorsement of this recipe or of this product! lol I just truly love these pumpkin squares!
Mix up the first layer of the Williams-Sonoma Pumpkin Squares and spread it out over the bottom of a baking sheet.
Next, make the second layer and spread it our over the first.
Now mix up the topping and spread it over the rest.
Into the Oven It Goes:
Put it into a pre-heated 350 degree oven and bake for 40 minutes! Wait a little while for it to cool before you cut it. It’s that easy. And now you have that same wonderful pumpkin smell wafting through your home!
Super moist and delicious, Williams-Sonoma Pumpkin Squares are the perfect fall dessert to take to a gathering, or to eat yourself! They are dangerously addicting. So be ready to share them with your friends and family or freeze them to make them less accessible! But actually, they the perfect little sneaky treats because they are soft enough to eat right out of the freezer. So Baker beware!
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix, Set 1 cup aside
- 8 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 4 Tablespoons Cold Butter, Cut into pieces
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Jar Muirhead Pecan Pumpkin Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Pre-heat Oven to 350 Degrees.
- Lightly coat a 9x13 baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Open the box of Yellow Cake Mix and take out one cup of the Mix and put it into a small bowl and set aside to use later.
- In a different bowl, combine the remaining Yellow Cake Mix, with the 8 Tablespoons of Melted Butter, and 1 Egg.
- Spread this mixture out, covering the bottom of the prepared baking sheet.
- Next, mix together in a small bowl, the jar of Muirhead Pecan Pumpkin Butter, the remaining 2 Eggs, and the 2 Tablespoons of Milk.
- Layer this mixture evenly on top of the Mixture already covering the bottom of the baking sheet.
- Topping: Mix together the 1 Cup of Yellow Cake Mix previously set aside, with 1 Tablespoon of Flour, ¼ Cup of Sugar, and 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut in 4 Tablespoons of Cold Butter until all the butter is about pea-sized and mixed in evenly throughout the topping.
- Layer the Topping evenly over the top of the previously layered ingredients on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 Degrees for around 40 minutes.
- Let it cool before cutting it into squares for serving.