These Apple Cinnamon Muffins are loaded with sweet apples, and savory cinnamon. Made with oatmeal and almond flour for a healthy twist. So good!
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 Cups Grated Apples
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray muffin pan with nonstick spray or use cupcake liners.
- Cover the oats with warm water and soak for 5 minutes, then drain the oats and set aside. In a large bowl, sift together the almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, extra virgin olive oil, honey, and vanilla, until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together. Add the oats and 4 cups of grated apples. Mix together until well-combined.
- Scoop batter into greased non-stick muffin pan and bake at 350℉ for 25 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are set. Allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes in the muffin pan before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Golden Delicious – my go to apple for baking. They have a delicious mild flavor and smooth texture when baked.
Honey Crisp – Great choice for their bright flavor and crisp texture that holds up well when baked.
Granny Smith – The traditional baking apple for its bold flavor and firm texture.
Here’s a great article to help you decide what kind of apples to choose:
The Best Apples for Baking. – Chris Morocco | Bon Appetit, Test Kitchen
Sugar Substitution: If you’re watching the sugar intake, try substituting 1 Teaspoon of Stevia for 1/4 cup of Honey.
Time Saving Tip: Speed up the prep time by substituting 1-1/2 Cups of Applesauce for 4 Cups of Grated Apples.
Serving Suggestion: Apple Muffins are wonderful served hot right out of the oven with your morning coffee. But if you’re in a hurry, they are a super easy grab and go breakfast treat. Just toss one in your lunch bag straight from the freezer and it’ll thaw and be ready to eat in 30 minutes or whenever you get that craving!
Storage Suggestions: Apple Muffins will keep for 3-5 days in a sealed storage container at room temperature. They can also be stored in the freezer, individually bagged and ready to go.
Keywords: Apple Muffins, Apple Cinnamon Muffins