- 5 cups golden delicious apples, sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Apple Crisp Topping:
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, cold
- Pre-heat Oven to 375°F.
- Prepare Apples. Peal, core and cut apples into thin slices. In a medium-sized bowl, combine apple slices, cinnamon and sugar. Stir together to coat the apples evenly. Set aside.
- Prepare Apple Crisp Topping. Combine all dry ingredients. Place all dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl and stir together until combined. (Note 1)
- Combine Apple Crisp Topping and Butter. Cut butter into small cubes. Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut the cubed butter into the Apple Crisp Topping until well combined and topping resembles the consistency of small peas. Use your fingers, if necessary, to make sure butter is distributed evenly into the topping.
- Put Apple Crisp Together. Place the prepared apples into a baking dish or cast iron skillet. Top the apples with Apple Crisp Topping and butter mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Bake Apple Crisp for 45 Minutes, or until browned and bubbly. Run a knife through the middle to make sure the apples are soft. The knife should run right through without any resistance.
- Serve. Serve this delicious Apple Crisp warm and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Apple Crisp Topping:
- Make Ahead Idea. At this point, the Apple Crisp Topping can be stored in an airtight container and saved to use another time. We like to keep some on hand in the pantry for those last minute desserts.
- Apple Crisp for Two. Peel, core, and cut an apple into thin slices. Toss with one teaspoon of sugar and a little ground cinnamon. Divide the prepared apples into two small ramekins. In a separate bowl, use a pastry cutter or a fork to combine 1/2 cup of Apple Crisp Topping with two tablespoons of cold, cubed butter. Put this mixture over the top of the prepared apples. Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.
- Make for a Crowd. Double this recipe and make for game day or your next family gathering. It's a total crowd pleaser! Make cleanup easy and use a disposable roasting pan.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 353
- Sugar: 41.9 g
- Sodium: 128.9 mg
- Fat: 15.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 53.7 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 40.7 mg
Keywords: apple crisp for two, apple crisp, easy apple crisp recipe