This is our favorite recipe for the Best Banana Bread ever. Moist and delicious, its a foolproof recipe that comes out perfectly every time!
- 3/4 Cup Softened Butter
- 1–1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1–1/2 Cup Mashed Banana
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Sifted Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and set a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Using a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar into a smooth texture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, vanilla, and eggs.
- Add the banana mixture to the butter and sugar and blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients and sour cream, bit by bit, slowly alternating between the two and mixing until smooth between turns.
- Mix all together into a smooth batter and set aside.
- Prepare two bread pans by buttering and flouring each pan. Be sure to tap out the excess flour.
- Dividing the batter equally, pour the batter into the prepared pans.
- Wait 30 minutes before baking.
- Place pans on the center rack in the pre-heated oven.
- Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out dry.
- When loaves are ready to come out of the oven, set them on the counter to cool for 10 minutes.
- Gently slide the edge of a knife between the loaf and side of the pan and follow the path around the entire loaf. This will make it easier to get out of the pan.
- Turn the pan over and pop out the bread and set it on a rack to cool. Try to wait a few minutes before slicing into it so that it slices easier. But I wouldn’t blame you if you couldn’t resist and dove into it right away!
- Eat it as is or slather on butter or sour cream.
This recipe has been slightly adapted from a family recipe given to me by my good friend LaDonna. I substituted sour cream for buttermilk and left out the nuts called for in the original recipe. Thank you, LaDonna, for saving the day by sharing this wonderful recipe with me!