These homemade buttermilk pancakes are super easy to make and so good to eat!
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Buttermilk (or regular milk)
- Vegetable Oil for frying.
- Preheat griddle or frying pan on medium heat.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, shortening and milk.
- Mix at low speed until flour is incorporated. Then increase the speed and mix until batter has a smooth consistency.
- Add vegetable oil to the preheated frying pan. The amount can vary from just enough to coat and keep pancakes from sticking to 2-4 tablespoons or more for crispy edges. Wait for the oil to get hot.
- Ladle bater onto hot oil and begin to fry pancakes. You'll know the pancakes are ready to flip when you see tiny bubbles form on top of the pancakes. When you see this, flip them over and cook until golden brown.
- Keep frying pancakes in batches like this, adding oil to the pan before each new batch.
- Put pancakes on a platter in a warm oven or serve as they become ready.
- Serve with your favorite topping and Enjoy!