Cheesy Potato Soup - So Good! Try this recipe for all the cheesy, bacon-lovin goodness! Its all about the cheese!
This recipe was adapted from The Pioneer Woman's Perfect Potato Soup.
#seannaskitchen #cheesypotatosoup #potatosoup #bacon #cheese
- 8 Slices of Bacon, Cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 2 Carrots, Diced
- 2 Stalks Celery, Diced
- 6 Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes, Diced
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Pinch of Ground Red Pepper
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Shredded Queso Chihuahua, Mexican Melting Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, for serving
- 1/2 Cup Green Onion, Diced, for serving
- Fry Bacon in a heavy-bottomed soup pot on medium heat, until bacon bits are crisp. Drain and set bacon bits aside for serving. Drain soup pot and set back on burner.
- Add the diced Onion, Carrots, and Celery to the pot and saute until tender. Add the diced Potatoes and cook until tender. Season with Salt, Black Pepper, and Red Pepper.
- Add 6 cups of Chicken Broth and bring soup to a slow boil. Simmer on low heat until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Whisk together 1 cup of Whole Milk with 3 Tablespoons of Flour. Pour flour mixture into soup while stirring slowly. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup, leaving some visible pieces of vegetables. Alternatively, let soup cool and use a blender to puree, then transfer the pureed soup back to the pot and reheat.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream and 2 cups of Shredded Chihuahua Cheese.
Serving Suggestions: We like to serve this Cheesy Potato soup with Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Bacon Bits, and Green Onion. Great served with warm Garlicky Breadsticks!