Absolutely the BEST! Made with fresh chicken, carrots, celery, and onions. We hope you'll try this simple healthy recipe | SeannasKitchen.com
This recipe has been handed down through the generations in my family and it remains a family favorite today.
- 1 Whole Chicken, Cut-up, Giblets included
- 2 cups diced Onion
- 2 cups diced Carrot
- 2 cups diced Celery
- 4 quarts Cold Water, enough to cover chicken in the pot
- 1 T Salt
- 5 Wyler's Chicken Bouillon Cubes (Optional)
- Place washed, clean pieces of chicken and giblets in an 8-quart stock pot
- Add enough water to cover
- Bring water up to a boil
- Skim off and discard any foam that forms on the surface of the water
- Add the Onions, Carrots, Celery, Salt, and Chicken Bouillon Cubes (Optional)
- Bring soup back up to a boil and once it begins to bubble, turn the heat down to simmer.
- Simmer soup for 3 hours, until the chicken is beginning to fall off the bones.
- Take the chicken and giblets out and set aside
- Debone chicken and discard bones and giblets.
- Cut the chicken up into bite sized pieces.
- Serve soup with chicken and pasta.
- Category: Soup