Marcella Hazan's Cream and Butter Sauce (all'Alfredo) from her book, Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking , is super fast to make and incredibly delicious to eat!
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2/3 Cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated, or use best parmesan cheese available
- Salt & Pepper
- Nutmeg, a few fresh gratings, or a few shakes from spice jar
- Place Butter and 2/3 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream into a sauce pan on Medium-Low heat.
- Bring butter and cream to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring continuously with a whisk, until sauce thickens.
- Turn off heat.
- Add to sauce, 1 lb of cooked pasta.
- Quickly toss the pasta, making sure that all of the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Turn the heat back on to Low.
- Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano, a little Salt & Pepper, a few fresh gratings of Nutmeg, and the rest of the Heavy Whipping Cream to the sauce and toss the pasta again.
- Serve Immediately!
- Category: Pasta Sauce
- Cuisine: Italian