Easy Ground Turkey Pasta - Here is a delicious Ground Turkey Recipe for an easy weeknight dinner your family will love. This tasty recipe is made with ground turkey, tangy tomato, Italian Seasoning for that little kick of spice, and finished with butter and freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano. So good!
- 4 Tablespoons Salted Butter, Divided.
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Yellow Onion, Diced.
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced.
- 1 Lb Ground Turkey
- 1 Large Tomato (Or Substitute: 1 Small Can Diced Tomatoes)
- 1 Teaspoon Table Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Lb Pasta, Cooked.
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (or regular Grated Parmesan)
- Sauté Onion and Brown. Over medium heat, sauté Diced Onion and Minced Garlic in a pan with 1 Tablespoon Butter and 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil until just translucent.
- Brown and Add. Add Ground Turkey and brown it in the pan with the Onions and Garlic, breaking it up as it cooks and seasoning with Salt and Pepper as you go. Once the Ground Turkey has browned and is tasty, add Diced Tomatoes, Italian Seasonings, and 3 Tablespoons of Butter.
- Simmer. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add Parmesan and Serve. Toss with freshly grated parmesan and serve immediately.
Substitutions. This tasty meat sauce recipe will work with these 5 other ground proteins. Just swap out the ground turkey for beef, bison, lamb, chicken, Italian sausage or pork.
Meal Prep Suggestion: Ground Turkey Pasta freezes easily in restaurant storage containers and makes a great meal prep idea. Freeze your leftovers!
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Ground Turkey, Ground Turkey Pasta, Pasta, Easy Weeknight Dinner