Roasted Potatoes - Delicious and easy side dish. This potato recipe is perfect for your next family meal or backyard BBQ!
- 3 Pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Pre-Heat Oven. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prep the Potatoes. Cut each potato into medium sized pieces. To do this, cut each potato into quarters lengthwise. Then, cut each quarter into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the Seasonings. Place the potato pieces into a large mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, kosher salt and ground pepper.
Spicy Oven Roasted Potatoes - Add in a tablespoon or two of Italian Seasoning.
Garlic Roasted Potatoes - Add two tablespoons of chopped fresh garlic.
Parmesan Crusted Potatoes - Add one-half cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Spread Potatoes Onto Baking Sheet. Spread prepared potatoes evenly onto a baker's half sheet.
- Bake. Bake at 400°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on desired level of crispiness. Turn potatoes once after 20 minutes of baking for crispy edges on all sides.
Pro Tip for Crispy Potatoes: Salt the potatoes just before baking. Salt will draw out water from the potatoes. So, be careful not to salt them too early or the water drawn out by the salt will cause the potatoes to steam instead of crisp up when you bake them.
Make Ahead Tip: Oven Roasted Potatoes are crispiest and tastiest when served immediately. So, we do not recommend making them with the intention of reheating them. However, there are a few things you can do to prep ahead of time.
Cut up potatoes and store them covered in water in a bowl in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake them. You can do this step a day ahead. Then drain them in a colander, tapping the colander once or twice to bang out excess moisture before you move on to the next step in the recipe and add the olive oil and seasonings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Roasted Potatoes, Oven Roasted Potatoes, Crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes