Olive Garden Asiago Tortelloni Alfredo with Grilled Chicken is a tasty copycat pasta recipe the whole family will love. This cheesy baked pasta is comfort food at its best. So good!
This tasty tortelloni pasta is tossed with our Classic Alfredo Sauce, topped with Asiago cheese, grilled chicken, toasted breadcrumbs, and baked for just a few minutes, until the cheese is melted. Super easy weeknight dinner you can have on the table in under an hour.
Grilled Chicken Ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Toasted Breadcrumbs Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 20 oz package - 5 cheese tricolor tortelloni
- 1/4 cup salt for boiling water
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1.5 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- Grill Chicken. Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Rub olive oil on 4 chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper on each side. Grill chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side to an internal temperature of 165°F. Let grilled chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Then slice the chicken into strips or bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Toast Breadcrumbs. Heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon salted butter in a pan until it is very hot. Add breadcrumbs to the hot oil and sauté until golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes. Transfer the toasted breadcrumbs from the pan a plate lined with paper towels to drain off any excess oil. Set aside.
- Make Tortelloni Pasta. Bring 5 quarts of water to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons of salt to the boiling water. Then add Tortelloni to the water. Cook tortelloni according to package instructions. As the pasta is cooking, start the sauce. When the tortelloni is done cooking, reserve 1 cup of the salty water and drain the rest. Set both water and cooked tortelloni aside.
- Make the Alfredo Sauce. Stirring continually, bring cream and butter up to a boil in the bottom of a medium sauce pan. Boil for 1 minute or until sauce has thickened a little bit. Turn off the heat and the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, salt, ground pepper, and ground nutmeg. Stir together until the cheese has melted and becomes a smooth and creamy Alfredo sauce. Use a little of the reserved pasta water to loosen up the Alfredo Sauce if it is too thick.
- Toss in the Cooked Tortelloni. Add the reserved cooked tortelloni.
- Assemble Dish for Oven. Tortelloni Alfredo Layer: Place the Tortelloni Alfredo in the bottom of a large baking dish or portioned out into individual baking dishes. Grilled Chicken Layer: Put a layer of sliced grilled chicken over the tortelloni layer. Asiago Layer: Sprinkle grated Asiago cheese over the top of the tortelloni and grilled chicken. Breadcrumb Layer: Sprinkle toasted breadcrumbs over the top.
- Bake. Bake at 400°F for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Chicken Cut Substitution Suggestions:
- chicken thighs
- chicken tenderloins
Pasta Substitution Suggestions:
- cheese tortellini
Cheese Substitution Suggestions:
- Parmesan Cheese
- Romano Cheese
- Pecorino Cheese
Variations - Works With These 5 Other Proteins:
- rotisserie chicken
- pork chops
- pot roast
Spice it up by adding some hot Italian Seasoning.
Serve with garlic bread or our homemade Garlic Breadsticks Recipe. And don't forget your favorite hot veggies like roasted broccoli or brussels.
Storage and Freezing Suggestions:
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Category: Main Meals
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 780
- Sugar: 5.6 g
- Sodium: 6946.1 mg
- Fat: 41.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.8 g
- Protein: 51.1 g
- Cholesterol: 218.2 mg
Keywords: Olive Garden Tortelloni, Tortellini Alfredo, Easy Weeknight Dinner, Alfredo Sauce, Grilled Chicken, Olive Garden Copycat recipes