Pumpkin Squares - Super moist and delicious pumpkin dessert recipe made with Pumpkin Butter. The only pumpkin square recipe you'll ever need! So Good!
Ever walk into a Williams-Sonoma store in the fall and find the most lovely aroma of pumpkin wafting through the air? Chances are they've just baked a batch of their delicious "Simple Fall Dessert Squares". This is Williams-Sonoma's original recipe with made with our own Homemade Pumpkin Butter.
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix, Set 1 cup aside
- 8 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 4 Tablespoons Cold Butter, Cut into pieces
- 3 Eggs
- 16 Ounces Pumpkin Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat. Pre-heat Oven to 350°F.
- Prepare Baking Pan. Lightly coat a 9x13 baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Split Cake Mix. Open the box of Yellow Cake Mix and take out one cup of the Mix and put it into a small bowl and set aside to use later.
- Bottom Layer. In a different bowl, combine the remaining Yellow Cake Mix, with the 8 Tablespoons of Melted Butter, and 1 Egg. Spread this mixture out, covering the bottom of the prepared baking sheet.
- Middle Layer. Next, mix together in a small bowl, 16 Ounces Pumpkin Butter, the remaining 2 Eggs, and the 2 Tablespoons of Milk. Layer this mixture evenly on top of the mixture already covering the bottom of the baking sheet.
- Topping. Mix together the 1 Cup of Yellow Cake Mix previously set aside, with 1 Tablespoon of Flour, 1/4 Cup of Sugar, and 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut in 4 Tablespoons of Cold Butter until all the butter is about pea-sized and mixed in evenly throughout the topping. Layer the Topping evenly over the top of the previously layered ingredients on the baking sheet.
- Bake. Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Cool Before Serving. Let it cool before cutting it into squares for serving.
Substitution Suggestions: Try this recipe with any flavor of fruit butter like: Apple, Peach, Pear, or Fig Butter.
Storage Suggestion: Pumpkin Squares are the perfect dessert to make ahead and freeze for just the right occasion. They are delicious straight out of the freezer! We like to use these handy restaurant storage containers.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pumpkin Squares, Easy Pumpkin Desserts, Pumpkin Bars