This Tasty Recipe for Beef and Cabbage Soup is an easy weeknight dinner you can have on the table in 30 minutes! Try this easy hamburger soup recipe! It's so good!
Delicious and satisfying Beef and Cabbage Soup makes such a great Easy Weeknight Dinner option when you are short on time and need to whip up something yummy fast!
This is my Mom's recipe and is a family favorite. She would often have a pot simmering on the stove for us when we got home and it made the house smell so good when we walked in the door! Another soup recipe she'd make all the time is our Chicken Soup. She really knew how to welcome us home!
Here's What You Need
How to Make It
1: First, sauté 1 diced medium onion and 1 clove minced garlic in 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil until just translucent.
2: Next, add 1 pound of ground beef to the sautéed onions and garlic and use a wooden spoon to break up the beef as it begins to brown, mixing it all together and seasoning with salt, as you go.
3: Next, add ½ head of cabbage that has been chopped into pieces and mix that in with the sautéed onions, garlic, and beef. Cook this on medium heat until the cabbage has softened.
4: Now, it's time to add the remaining ingredients. Stir in 1 - 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes with the juice, 2 diced celery stalks, 1 - 16 ounce can of drained kidney beans, ½ teaspoon garlic salt, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, 4 beef bouillon cubes, and 32 ounces of water. Simmer for 20 minutes. And Enjoy!!
- Substitution Suggestion: 32 ounces of beef broth for the 4 beef bouillon cubes and 32 ounces of water for a flavorful and nutritious substitution.
- Make Ahead Tip: This soup is even better the next day, when the flavors have had the chance to marry. So make it a day ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Meal Prep Tip: Beef and Cabbage Soup is an Easy Weeknight Dinner option. Make your weeknights easier by making this recipe ahead of time on the weekend!
Storage Tip: This recipe can be safely stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. It also freezes well for 2-6 months in these handy food storage containers (Affiliate Link).
More Easy Weeknight Dinners
More Cabbage Soup Recipes
- Cabbage Soup with Beef - A tasty recipe from Cafe Delights made using pieces of beef ribeye rather than ground beef.
- Vegetable Cabbage Soup - A meatless option from Delish.
There you have it! Delicious Beef and Cabbage Soup, an Easy Weeknight Dinner in 4 easy steps. It's as easy as that! We hope you enjoy this tasty recipe for cabbage soup with hamburger! Try it and let us know how you like it. We'd love to hear from you!
~ Seanna ~
Watch How to Make It
Cabbage Soup Recipe With Hamburger
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Medium Head of Cabbage Chopped
- 1 - 28 Oz Can Diced Tomatoes with Juice
- 2 Stalks Celery Diced
- 1 - 16 Oz Can Kidney Beans Drained
- 4 Beef Bouillon Cubes
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 32 Oz Water
- Sauté. First, sauté onion, garlic, and celery in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until just translucent.1 Medium Onion, 1 Clove Garlic, 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 Stalks Celery
- Brown Beef. Brown 1 Lb of ground beef with the onions and garlic. Use a wooden spoon to break up the beef as it begins to brown, mixing it in with the sautéed onions. Continue stirring until all the beef has browned. Taste the meat and make sure its tasty at this point. If it's bland, add more salt to taste.1 Lb Ground Beef, 1 Teaspoon Salt, ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder, ¼ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper, ½ Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Add Cabbage. Next, add ½ head of cabbage that has been chopped into pieced and mix that in with the sautéed onions and ground beef and cook together until the cabbage has softened. Add a sprinkle or two of salt as you go.½ Medium Head of Cabbage
- Add Remaining Ingredients and Simmer. Now, It's time to add the remaining ingredients. Stir them together until well combined. Simmer for 20 - 30 minutes and it's ready to eat! Enjoy!1 - 28 Oz Can Diced Tomatoes, 1 - 16 Oz Can Kidney Beans, 4 Beef Bouillon Cubes, 32 Oz Water