This Tasty Recipe for Beef and Cabbage Soup is an easy weeknight dinner you can have on the table in 30 minutes! Try this easy hamburger soup recipe! It's so good!
Delicious and satisfying Beef and Cabbage Soup makes such a great Easy Weeknight Dinner option when you are short on time and need to whip up something yummy fast!
This is my Mom's recipe and is a family favorite. She would often have a pot simmering on the stove for us when we got home and it made the house smell so good when we walked in the door! Another soup recipe she'd make all the time is our Chicken Soup. She really knew how to welcome us home!
Here's What You Need
How to Make It
1: First, sauté 1 diced medium onion and 1 clove minced garlic in 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil until just translucent.
2: Next, add 1 pound of ground beef to the sautéed onions and garlic and use a wooden spoon to break up the beef as it begins to brown, mixing it all together and seasoning with salt, as you go.
3: Next, add ½ head of cabbage that has been chopped into pieces and mix that in with the sautéed onions, garlic, and beef. Cook this on medium heat until the cabbage has softened.
4: Now, it's time to add the remaining ingredients. Stir in 1 - 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes with the juice, 2 diced celery stalks, 1 - 16 ounce can of drained kidney beans, ½ teaspoon garlic salt, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, 4 beef bouillon cubes, and 32 ounces of water. Simmer for 20 minutes. And Enjoy!!
- Substitution Suggestion: 32 ounces of beef broth for the 4 beef bouillon cubes and 32 ounces of water for a flavorful and nutritious substitution.
- Make Ahead Tip: This soup is even better the next day, when the flavors have had the chance to marry. So make it a day ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Meal Prep Tip: Beef and Cabbage Soup is an Easy Weeknight Dinner option. Make your weeknights easier by making this recipe ahead of time on the weekend!
More Easy Weeknight Dinners
More Cabbage Soup Recipes
- Cabbage Soup with Beef - A tasty recipe from Cafe Delights made using pieces of beef ribeye rather than ground beef.
- Vegetable Cabbage Soup - A meatless option from Delish.
There you have it! Delicious Beef and Cabbage Soup, an Easy Weeknight Dinner in 4 easy steps. It's as easy as that! We hope you enjoy this tasty recipe for cabbage soup with hamburger! Try it and let us know how you like it. We'd love to hear from you!
~ Seanna ~