Ground Turkey Pasta - Here is a delicious Ground Turkey Recipe for an easy weeknight dinner your family will love. This tasty recipe is made with ground turkey, tangy tomato, Italian Seasoning for that little kick of spice, and finished with butter and freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano. So good.
You can have this ground turkey pasta recipe on the table in 30 minutes or less in just a few easy steps. So get a big pot of salty water boiling and ready for the pasta and let's get to work. Because by the time your finished making the pasta, this tasty meat sauce will be ready to eat.
Here's What You Need
- 4 Tablespoon Salted Butter, Divided.
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Yellow Onion, Diced.
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced.
- 1 Lb Ground Turkey
- 1 Large Tomato, Diced. (Or Substitute: 1 Small Can Diced Tomatoes)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Lb Pasta, Cooked
- ½ Cup Freshly Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (or regular Grated Parmesan)
How to Make It
This tasty Ground Turkey Pasta is super easy to make in just a few simple steps. We'll show you how.
- First, Over medium heat, sauté Diced Onion and Minced Garlic in 1 Tablespoon Salted Butter and 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil until just translucent.
- Add Ground Turkey and brown it in the pan with the Onions and Garlic, breaking it up as it cooks and seasoning with Salt and Pepper as you go. Once the Ground Turkey is browned, add Diced Tomatoes, Italian Seasonings, and 3 Tablespoons of Butter.
Tasty Tip: Be sure to liberally season the Ground Turkey with salt while you are browning it in the pan at each stage of the cooking process. Begin by sprinkling 1 Teaspoon of Salt over the raw meat when you add it to the pan. Then as you break up the meat and it begins to brown, sprinkle on a little more salt. Finally, once the meat has browned, do a taste test. The cooked Ground Turkey should be tasty at this point. If it's bland, add a little more salt.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes to allow time for the flavors to marry together.
- Toss in cooked pasta, thoroughly coating the pasta with the delicious sauce.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan and serve immediately.
Common Questions About Ground Turkey
Ground turkey is great substitution in any recipe where you would use ground beef.
Ground Turkey is a low fat protein that will require a little more seasoning than a protein that is higher in fat. Fat equals flavor, so low fat proteins like ground turkey will need some extra seasonings to boost its flavor. Try adding flavor boosting seasonings like Salt, Italian Seasoning, Sage, or Thyme. If you like hot flavors, try adding some Sriracha, or Hot Chili Sauce.
Bonus: Substitution Possibilities
Bonus: This meat sauce recipe will work with these 5 other ground proteins. Just swap out the ground turkey for:
- Italian Sausage or Pork
Meal Prep Idea
Meal Prep Suggestion: Ground Turkey Pasta freezes easily in restaurant storage containers and makes a great meal prep idea. Freeze your leftovers!
There you have it. Delicious Ground Turkey Pasta on the table in 30 minutes or less with just a few easy steps. It's as easy as that! We hope you enjoy our super simple, super tasty recipe for an easy weeknight dinner in no time! Try it and let us know how you like it. We'd love to hear from you!
xo ~ Seanna
More Tasty Pasta Recipes
Other Tasty Ground Turkey Pasta Recipes
- Ground Turkey Pasta Bake - Delish oven baked ground turkey recipe over at ifoodreal.com.
- Easy Shell Pasta with Ground Turkey - from Tawnie over at Kroll's Korner.
Did you love this recipe? If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!! Follow Seanna's Kitchen and share this recipe with your friends on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest and subscribe my Newsletter for ALL the latest recipes! We'd love to hear from you!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links to products we use and love. If you click through these links and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.