A simple Homemade Italian Seasoning Recipe made from pantry ingredients. It's a great little back-pocket secret ingredient that'll spice up any dish.
This recipe was inspired by a bottle of Le Erbe Piccanti that we picked up at Antiqa Macelleria Falorni in Tuscany. We use it almost daily! It's spicy flavor is the perfect addition to any dish that needs a little heat!
Surprisingly, we have not been able to purchase Le Erbe Piccanti in the United States. So, we came up with a copycat recipe!
Add a little of this Italian Seasoning to season some olive oil for dipping bread. We love to add this to charcuterie boards.
Watch How to Make It
What is in Italian Seasoning?
This easy recipe can be quickly put together from common pantry ingredients:
- Red Pepper Flakes - This common American pantry ingredient is typically made up of a mix of peppers, mostly Cayenne. Another pepper to try is the Italian Il Peperoncino. Known as "little devil", this variety, by comparison, will bring a little more heat to your dish than Cayenne!
- Italian Flat-Leaf Parsley - Strong, bright in flavor.
- Garlic Salt
- Salt - Ordinary Table Salt or Diamond Chrystal Kosher Salt
How to Make It
3 Tablespoons Red Pepper Flakes
2 Tablespoons Italian Parsley
½ Teaspoon Garlic Salt
½ Teaspoon Salt
Combine Ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
How to Use Italian Seasoning
Of course, It's great on plate of spaghetti with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Similarly, It's the perfect spicy addition to pasta sauces like our Bison Pasta and amazing on roasted vegetables. Try it as a dipping seasoning with Extra Virgin Olive Oil for crostini on charcuterie boards or for that extra kick in your eggs or avocado toast! Basically, the possibilities are endless!
More Pantry Essentials
Check out our Pantry Essentials page for some of our must haves for a well-stocked pantry.
Homemade Italian Seasoning Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Italian Parsley
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Combine Ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container.