Bison Pasta - Easy weeknight dinner coming your way! This tasty recipe is made with ground bison, tomato sauce, onion, and Italian seasonings. So Good!
Recently, we were craving pasta and needed an easy weeknight dinner option. So, I pulled out a frozen brick of ground bison and made this quick and easy pasta recipe with a few simple ingredients. Super easy and tasty! Have dinner on the table in 30 minutes!
- Bison Pasta
- Here's What You Need
- Notes on Ingredients
- Making the Sauce
- Tasty Tip: Have the pasta water ready before you begin making the sauce.
- Why Bison?
- Protein Substitutions
- Make Ahead Meal Prep
- Watch How to Make this Recipe
- Substitute Ground Bison in These Tasty Recipes
- More Bison Recipes
- 📖 Recipe
- 💬 Comments
Here's What You Need
Notes on Ingredients
- Ground Bison - Usually sold in vacuum sealed package in the meat section of the grocery store.
- Tomato Sauce - Choose the best tomato sauce without added additional flavors.
- Italian Seasoning - We use our Homemade Italian Seasoning Recipe for here! It's super tasty and easy to make. Give it a try!
Making the Sauce
Tasty Tip: Have the pasta water ready before you begin making the sauce.
Bison Pasta is super quick and easy to make. So, make sure you have your well-salted (should taste salty like the sea) pasta water heated to a low boil before you start. I usually put in a palm full of kosher salt into 8 quarts of water. You'll begin cooking the pasta once the sauce has started simmering.
Bison meat is leaner than beef. It has fewer calories, more protein when compared with beef, making it a frequent choice of athletes and health conscious consumers.
Bison tastes very much like beef, but milder and somewhat sweeter, making it an easy substitution in recipes calling for beef.
Bison is really versatile and goes well with many of the common seasonings you have on hand like Parsley, Oregano, Thyme, or Rosemary. Good rule of thumb: If you would use a spice with ground beef, then give it a try with Bison as well. You might like it!
This recipe will work well with any other ground protein that suits your preference, like the following:
- Venison - for the hunters out there!
- Italian Sausage
Make Ahead Meal Prep
Ground Bison Pasta is a great meal prep idea you can make ahead and freeze to pull out later for that easy weeknight dinner. We love to use these convenient Restaurant Storage Containers.
We hope you enjoy our super simple, super tasty ground bison recipe for Bison Pasta. Try it and let us know how you like it in the comments below. We'd love to hear from you!
xo ~ Seanna
Watch How to Make this Recipe
Substitute Ground Bison in These Tasty Recipes
More Bison Recipes
- 10 Best Ground Bison Recipes - Check out this Bison Recipe Roundup from InsanelyGoodRecipes.com.
- Bison Meatloaf - from Food.com.
- Best Ever Bison Burger - from Delish.com.