Instant Pot Mexican Casserole - This tasty recipe, made with ground beef, pantry staples and Homemade Taco Seasoning, is an easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love. So satisfying and delicious!
An Easy Instant Pot Recipe that you can have on the table in 35 minutes or less. What could be better! Except this Bonus: This recipe works with these other 3 proteins: ground turkey, ground chicken, or ground bison. Use whatever ground meat you have available.
What Makes This Recipe Work
Secret to this Easy Instant Pot Recipe...is all in the cooking method.
In this recipe, we are using the Instant Pot Duo Plus on its Pressure Cooker setting which cooks food in a fraction of the time of other cooking methods.
Here's What You Need
How to Make It
This easy instant pot recipe is super simple to make in around 35 minutes. We'll show you how!
- Brown Ground Beef in some oil using the Sauté setting on your Instant Pot.
- Add Garlic and Onion and cook until softened.
- Add remaining Ingredients, making sure the rice is fully submerged under the water and there are no bits of food stuck to the sides of the pot above the waterline.
- Close Lid on Instant Pot and use the Pressure Cook setting to cook this tasty recipe for 20 minutes following the instructions for your Instant Pot.
Serve with your favorite Mexican toppings:
- Diced Avocado
- Fresh Diced Tomatoes
- Minced Onions
- Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- Sour Cream
Using An Instant Pot
An Instant Pot is 7 kitchen appliances in 1. It's a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté/searing, yogurt maker, and warmer. The pressure cooker setting cooks in a fraction of the time of traditional cooking methods.
An Instant Pot is a total game-changer. The first time I used my Instant Pot, I was absolutely sold on its functionality. The instructions were easy to follow and it produced a perfectly cooked meal that met my expectations. It's easy to use and makes weeknight meal prep a breeze. My favorite recipe so far is for Instant Pot Mexican Casserole. So delicious!
Instant Pots are great for cooking: Meats, soups and stews, casseroles, mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, and yogurt.
Bonus Proteins - This tasty recipe works with these bonus proteins: ground turkey, ground chicken, or ground bison. Mexican Casserole with ground beef is the traditional protein to use. But these other proteins work just as well. Use whatever sounds good to you.
Meal Prep Idea
Freeze your leftovers in restaurant storage containers for and make your weeknight meal prep so much easier!
There you have it. Instant Pot Mexican Casserole in just a few simple steps. It's as easy as that! We hope you enjoy our super simple, super tasty recipe for this easy weeknight dinner! Try it and let us know how you like it. We'd love to hear from you!
xo ~ Seanna
Video: Watch How to Make It
More Easy Weeknight Dinners
Similar Recipes and Resources
- 20 Magical Ways To Use Your Instant Pot - An excellent beginners guide to using an Instant Pot by Lindsay over at Pinch of Yum. And don't miss her seriously delicious recipe for The Best Chicken Tinga Tacos.
- One Pot Mexican Casserole - A tasty one pot recipe made in a skillet by Nicole over at The Salty Marshmallow.
Did you love this recipe? If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!! Follow Seanna's Kitchen and share this recipe with your friends on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest and subscribe my Newsletter for ALL the latest recipes! We'd love to hear from you!