Best Jiffy Cornbread Recipe - This honey butter corn bread is an easy quick bread made with simple ingredients. Ready in 25 minutes. So good!
This semi homemade cornbread is perfect for the sweet cornbread lover in your life. People rave about this decadent cornbread because the honey butter bottom layer is to die for! It's honey buttery gooey perfection.
This classic family recipe is perfect for weeknight dinner tables, or your next backyard bbq or family gathering. This sweeter cornbread is a tasty compliment to other side dishes, like fried corn and roasted potatoes.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Secret to this Recipe...is the honey butter bottom layer. It is amazing. Savory buttery flavor mixed with the sweetness of honey creates a decadent, gooey surprise that transforms a simple box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix into a sweet and ultra moist cornbread. So basically, this Jiffy Cornbread Recipe is a dessert masquerading as a side dish. What's not to love?
Here's What You Need
- Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix (1 boxed mix) - the key ingredient to this delicious cornbread.
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup of milk
- ½ cup salted butter
- ½ cup honey
- 8 x 8 Baking Dish - Tempered glass Pyrex baking dish works best so that you can see through the side of the pan to check for doneness.
- Medium Bowl
- Fork or whisk
- Rubber Spatula
How to Make It
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Place oven rack to center position and pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
2. Prepare Bottom Honey Butter Layer. Melt butter in bottom of a 8 x 8 Pyrex baking dish. I melt the butter in the microwave for 1 minute. Pour honey evenly over the melted butter. Set aside.
3. Prepare Basic Recipe For Jiffy Batter. Follow the original recipe on the back of the Jiffy box as detailed here. In a medium bowl, whisk together box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, egg, and milk, until combined. A few small lumps in the batter are fine.
4. Pour Jiffy Batter. Pour Jiffy batter evenly over the top of the bottom honey butter layer. Do not stir the two layers together.
5. Bake. Place the baking dish into the oven on the center rack and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Use a see through glass (Pyrex) baking dish so that you can see what the middle looks like. It needs to look done and not soupy. For best results, bake this delicious cornbread until it is golden brown and the honey butter is bubbling up along the sides. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cornbread. If the toothpick comes out clean, it's done.
Jiffy Cornbread Hacks
Jiffy Cornbread Muffin Mix is a pantry staple that you can use to create many different variations of this Jiffy Cornbread Recipe. Just add a few extra ingredients and maybe a bit of sugar to a box of Jiffy Cornbread Mix to suit your personal tastes.
- Corn Muffins - Divide Jiffy mix batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Jiffy Corn Casserole - Add corn and creamed corn.
- Southern Cornbread - Sweeter and more cake like.
- Jiffy Jalapeno Cornbread - Add diced Jalapenos to batter.
- Slow Cooker Corn Pudding - Made in a crock pot with extra ingredients like corn and cheddar cheese.
- Milk - may substitute buttermilk, heavy cream, sour cream, plain greek yogurt, water, almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk.
- Eggs - may substitute packaged egg substitutes (may contain egg), aquafaba (canned chickpea liquid), or Flax Egg.
- Salted Butter - may substitute unsalted butter with an added pinch of salt.
Add flavor to your cornbread with one of these tasty add-ins: maple syrup, honey, butter, chopped jalapenos, cream cheese, creamed corn.
Crumbly cornbread is dry cornbread. For tender cornbread, add a teaspoon of vegetable oil into the mix. This will provide the extra moisture needed to keep it from becoming dry.
Jiffy cornbread can be stored can be stored in plastic wrap or in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
This Easy Jiffy Cornbread Recipe is the great side dish to serve with our Oven-Baked Ribs and Crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes. Its truly a perfect side dish any time of year, whether its for your next easy weeknight dinner, for a holiday meal like Thanksgiving dinner, or a casual backyard BBQ. You can't go wrong.
Freezing and Storage
This tasty jiffy cornbread can be stored at room temperature covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container for 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
There you have it. The Best Jiffy Cornbread Recipe. It's as easy as that! We hope you enjoy our super simple, super tasty recipe. Try it and let us know how you like it. We'd love to hear from you!
xo ~ Seanna
More Side Dishes
More Cornbread Recipes
- 5 Ingredient Corn Casserole - from Tastes Of Lizzy.
- Slow Cooker Corn Pudding - from Show Me The Yummy.
- Southern Cornbread - from Grandbaby Cakes.
Best Jiffy Cornbread Recipe
- 1.5 cups Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ stick salted butter
- ½ cup honey
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Place oven rack to center position in the oven and pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Bottom Layer. Melt butter in bottom of a glass 8 x 8 pyrex baking dish. I melt the butter in the microwave for 1 minute. Pour honey over butter evenly. Set aside.
- Prepare Batter. In a medium bowl, whisk together box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, egg, and milk, until combined. A few small lumps in the batter are fine.
- Pour Batter. Pour batter evenly over the top of the bottom layer. Do not stir.
- Bake. Place the baking pan into the oven on the center rack and bake for 15-20 minutes. Or until light golden brown on top and bottom layer is bubbly. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cornbread. If the toothpick comes out clean, it's done.
Substitution Suggestions:Milk Substitution:Substitute Water, Almond Milk, Soy Milk, or Coconut Milk for Milk in Jiffy Mixes.
Egg Substitution:You can substitute the following for eggs in Jiffy mixes:
. Packaged egg substitutes (may contain egg)
. Aquafaba (canned chickpea liquid)
. Flax Egg
Serving Suggestions:This Easy Jiffy Cornbread Recipe is the great side dish to serve with our Oven-Baked Ribs and Crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes. Its truly a perfect side dish any time of year, whether its for your next easy weeknight dinner, for a holiday meal like Thanksgiving dinner, or a casual backyard BBQ. You can't go wrong.
Freezing and Storage:This tasty jiffy cornbread can be stored at room temperature covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container for 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Did you love this recipe? If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!! Follow Seanna's Kitchen and share this recipe with your friends on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest and subscribe my Newsletter for ALL the latest recipes! We'd love to hear from you!