Oven-baked ribs are the perfect easy baby back ribs recipe for your next backyard bbq or family gathering. So tender and delicious. Make these fall off the bone ribs and you'll have everyone coming back for more!
This recipe for easy oven baked ribs can be made in oven or crock pot. All you need is a few simple ingredients and some patience while they cook low and slow to bbq perfection. Be sure to check out these tasty sides and dessert recipes to complete your meal: Roasted Potatoes, Fried Corn, and Peach Cobbler.
What Makes This Recipe Work
Secret to this Recipe...is that we cook the meat using the Low and Slow Method, which in this case is 275°F for around 3 hours. This enables the meat to retain its natural juices while slowly breaking down the fat, rendering the meat fall off the bone tender every time.
Bonus: This recipe will work with any type of meat, like Baby Back Ribs, St. Louis Style Ribs, Pork Butt, Whole Chicken, Beef Short Ribs or Beef Roast. You name it!
Here's What You Need
All you need to make these easy oven baked ribs are just a few simple ingredients: Baby Back Ribs, Garlic Salt, Ground Pepper, and your favorite BBQ sauce or BBQ Rub.
Types of Pork Ribs
Spare Ribs (aka Side Ribs) - Belly cut, with least amount of meat.
St. Louis Style - Belly cut. No breast bone, cartilage or tips.
Kansas City Style - Belly cut. Similar to St. Louis Style. But bones trimmed even further.
Back Ribs (aka Loin Ribs, Baby Back Ribs, or Riblets) - Smaller and fattier.
Notes on Ingredients
Ribs - We are using Baby Back Ribs (Back Ribs) for this recipe.
Seasoning - We use a simple seasoning preparation of Garlic Salt and Ground Pepper.
Substitution: If you prefer a more spicy seasoning, try our favorite Dry Rub Recipe, Husk BBQ Rub, from acclaimed Chef Sean Brock to season your ribs.
BBQ Sauce - Your favorite store bought BBQ Sauce will work perfectly for these tasty ribs. We love the sweet and zesty flavor of Sweet Baby Ray's Award Winning Barbeque Sauce.
How to Make It
Oven-Baked Ribs are super easy to make following these easy steps. All you need is a few simple ingredients and some patience while you cook them low and slow to BBQ perfection.
- Prep Ribs. Take the Ribs out of the package and dry them off with a paper towel. Cut them in half to fit the baking pan that you are going to use. We like to use a disposable roasting pan. Saves some scrubbing when its time to do the dishes!
- Season and Cover. Season both sides of the Ribs with Garlic Salt and Pepper, or with your favorite dry rub.
Tasty Tip: For fall off the bone tender ribs, cover your ribs tightly with aluminum foil before you put them in the oven to bake.
- Bake. Bake on the middle rack in the oven at 275°F for around 3 hours. Check them for tenderness and when they are perfect to your liking, take them out of the oven. And set them aside until you are ready to finish them.
- BBQ Sauce and Broil. Finish your ribs by draining off excess liquid that has been released in the bottom of the baking pan. Then, brush on your favorite BBQ Sauce and put back into the oven under the broiler until the BBQ Sauce has caramelized and is bubbly on the ribs. Oh yum!
Crock Pot Instructions
Slow Cooker Ribs Variation: Oven-Baked Ribs are just as tasty when they have been made in a Slow Cooker or Crock Pot. Just follow the same instructions as detailed above, but put them in the Slow Cooker on low for around 9-10 hours instead of baking them in the oven.
Meal Prep Tip: Slow Cookers are a great way to have a delicious meal ready for you when you get home from a long day. You just throw a tasty recipe together in the morning and set it on low to slow cook all day. Such a great kitchen tool for those busy days!
Fall off the bone tender oven-baked ribs need to be cooked low and slow at around 275 degrees F for about 3 hours.
For pull apart tender ribs, cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil to keep the moisture in while they cook.
Oven-Baked Ribs will be fall off the bone tender in around 3 hours.
Slow cooker ribs take between 8-10 hours on low.
Hope you will try this Oven Baked Ribs Recipe. They are super simple to make and fall off the bone delicious every time! If you make this recipe, let us know what you think. We'd love to hear from you!
xo ~ Seanna
Watch How to Make It
What to Serve with Ribs
Oven Baby Backed Ribs
- 1 slab baby back ribs
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
- Preheat Oven. Adjust oven rack placement to middle. Preheat Oven to 275°F.
- Prep Ribs. Take the Ribs out of the package and dry them off with a paper towel. Cut them in half to fit the baking pan that you are going to use. We like to use a disposable roasting pan. Saves some scrubbing when its time to do the dishes!1 slab baby back ribs
- Season. Season both sides of the Ribs with Garlic Salt and Pepper, or with your favorite.1 tablespoon garlic salt, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cover and Bake. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake on the middle oven rack at 275°F for around 3 hours. Check them for tenderness and when they are perfect to your liking, take them out of the oven. And set them aside until you are ready to finish them.
- Drain. Drain off excess liquid that the ribs have released in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Sauce and Broil. When you are ready to finish the ribs, brush your favorite BBQ Sauce on the ribs and put them back into the oven under the broiler until the BBQ Sauce has caramelized and is bubbly on the ribs. Oh Yum!1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
Did you love this recipe? If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!! Follow Seanna's Kitchen and share this recipe with your friends on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest and subscribe my Newsletter for ALL the latest recipes! We'd love to hear from you!