Best Dry Rub For Ribs - Husk BBQ Rub, from Chef Sean Brock's Heritage Cookbook. Go-to dry rub for perfect BBQ every time.
Hands down the best dry rub for ribs recipe in our opinion is Husk BBQ Rub, which can be found in Chef Sean Brock's highly acclaimed Heritage Cookbook. We did a blind taste test of two highly rated dry rub recipes and Husk BBQ Rub was the clear winner in our house.
We used it to make our Oven-Baked Ribs Recipe, and Perfect Pulled Pork, and Chef Brock's dry rub created a delicious caramelized crust and tender, juicy, fall off the bone ribs. So good!
This easy recipe can be quickly put together from common pantry ingredients:
- Smoked Paprika - Smoked Paprika has a deep smoky flavor and aroma. We sometimes substitute the milder, more common American Paprika. American Paprika is the kind you'll find readily at your local grocery store.
- Light Brown Sugar - Aids in caramelization and browning of ribs.
- Kosher Salt - Morton Kosher Salt is my go-to for this recipe. I prefer its course grain and saltiness when compared with the finer grain, less salty, Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt.
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Ground Black Pepper
- Chili Powder
How to Make Dry Rub
This dry rub recipe is super easy to mix together in just a few minutes. Just combine all the spices in a mason jar, close the lid, give it a good shake, and you're good to go!
The best dry rub for ribs we have found is the Husk BBQ Rub Recipe from Sean Brock's Heritage Cookbook:
½ Cup Smoked Paprika
¼ Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
1 ½ Tablespoons Garlic Powder
1 ½ Tablespoons Onion Powder
1 ½ Tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
1 ½ Teaspoons Chili Powder
Combine Ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
How to Use It
Use this delicious dry rub to flavor any meat that you are making. Just cover the meat on all sides with the dry rub and rub it in. You can do this any time you like from just before you cook up to 24 hours ahead of time.
Tasty Tip - It is important that you do not coat the meat with dry rub more than 24 hours ahead of time, as it will cause the meat to dry and toughen.
We love to use this recipe to make our Oven-Baked Ribs Recipe or Perfect Pulled Pork Recipe and Chef Brock's dry rub created a delicious caramelized crust and tender, juicy, fall off the bone ribs. So good! Give it a try. You'll be glad you did!
More Tasty Recipes
Let us know if you love Chef Brock's Husk BBQ Rub Recipe as much as we do. It's our go-to dry rub for perfect BBQ every time. We'd love to hear from you!
xo ~ Seanna
Hungry for More? Subscribe to my Newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for all of the latest recipes.
More Pantry Essentials
Check out our Pantry Essentials page for some of our must haves for a well-stocked pantry.
Best Dry Rub For Ribs - Husk BBQ Rub
- ½ Cup Smoked Paprika
- ¼ Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Onion Powder
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Chili Powder
- Combine Ingredients. Measure out all ingredients and mix well to combine.½ Cup Smoked Paprika, ¼ Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar, 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt, 1 ½ Tablespoons Garlic Powder, 1 ½ Tablespoons Onion Powder, 1 ½ Tablespoon Ground Black Pepper, 1 ½ Teaspoons Chili Powder
- Store. Store in an air tight container.
Did you love this recipe? If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!! Follow Seanna's Kitchen and share this recipe with your friends on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest and subscribe my Newsletter for ALL the latest recipes! We'd love to hear from you!
The best I've had!
Thanks Will! I know you like it on steaks. Good Call!
Thank you! Glad you like it!