Oven Baked Chicken Wings - The best chicken wings recipe. Perfect easy party food recipe for the big game. People go wild for these tasty wings made with mild or spicy dry rub with so much flavor. So delish.
Who doesn't love a tasty appetizer at a party or on game day? This easy chicken wings recipe is sure to be a hit. Super easy to make with pantry staples, takes 45 minutes to bake in the oven, and they're crazy delicious.
Need something faster? Try our Chili Cheese Dip Recipe. It's super tasty. Melty, cheesy, delicious, and ready in 5 minutes!
Everybody's Favorite Chicken Wings
This tasty chicken wings recipe was given to me by my good friend Diane and it's everybody's favorite party food around here. People go wild for them every time she makes them. So, I just had to share the recipe with you. They are finger licking good!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
This crispy chicken wings recipe is a great recipe that is always a hit on game day or at a super bowl party and will keep 'em coming back for more.
Secret to this Recipe...is in the Dry Spice Rub. It's super easy to make and has so much flavor. Whether you like mild wings with Old Bay Seasoning or hot wings with Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Seasoning this is the best juicy chicken wings either way!
Here's What You Need
Notes on Ingredients
- Whole chicken wings or wing pieces - Whole chicken wings can be cut down into wing tips, drumettes, and flats for easier eating and more even cooking.
- Old Bay Seasoning or Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Seasoning
- Baking powder
- Salt - kosher salt or table salt
How to Make It
- Pre-Heat Oven to 425°F. Place oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make Spice Rub. - This spice rub recipe has so much flavor and can be made hot or mild depending on your preference. We usually make both!
- Dry Wings. It's important to dry the chicken skin with paper towel so that the spice rub will stick to the wings. Don't skip this step.
- Cover Wings with Dry Rub. Place chicken wings in a gallon Ziploc bag in a large mixing bowl with the spice rub, close the bag and give it a good shake. Make sure the wings are evenly covered.
- Transfer Wings to Baking Sheet. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or with a sheet of parchment paper in a single layer so that the baked chicken wings do not stick to the pan.
- Bake. Bake the wings on the center oven rack for 20 minutes and then turn them over and put back into the oven to continue baking for 25 more minutes. Baking time is 45 minutes in total or until they are golden brown.
- Serve Immediately and Enjoy.
Crispy Baked Wings - Spread out the wings evenly onto a baking sheet so that they are not touching. Give them enough room so that they are not crowded on the pan, so that they don't steam and can bake into crispy perfection.
Bake chicken wings in the oven at 425°F for 45 minutes, turning once at the 20 minute mark.
Serve these tasty chicken wings with tasty side dish recipes like Corn Bread, Mac and Cheese, Garden Salad, or Coleslaw.
Keep chicken wings hot and ready in a 160°F oven.
Reheat chicken wings in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
Reheat chicken wings in the microwave on high for 1-2 minutes.
Substitutions and Variations
We like to make these tasty party wings a few different ways:
Mild Wings Recipe (Old Bay Wings Recipe) - Use Old Bay Seasoning for a delicious mild flavor.
Spicy Chicken Wings Recipe (Buffalo Wings Recipe) - Use Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Seasoning to make Buffalo Wings. Use Frank's Red Hot Sauce to make a tasty buffalo sauce by mixing it with melted butter. So good!
Saucy BBQ Chicken Wings - Toss baked chicken wings with your favorite BBQ Sauce and put them back in the oven till hot and bubbly. Delish.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and side dish recipes.
- Blue Cheese Dressing - We love this recipe from Lisa over at Delicious Table.
- Cool Ranch Dressing
- Buffalo Sauce - Just mix Frank's Hot Sauce with melted butter.
- BBQ Sauce
- Celery Sticks
- Corn Bread
- Mac and Cheese
- Garden Salad
There you have it. It's as easy as that! Crazy delicious chicken wings that are a hit at any party or game day. We hope you enjoy our super simple, super tasty recipe. Try it and let us know how you like it. We'd love to hear from you!
xo ~ Seanna
More Tasty Recipes
Hungry for More? Subscribe to my Newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for all of the latest recipes.
Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- 12 whole chicken wings or wing pieces
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pre-Heat Oven.Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Make Spice Rub.Place all ingredients for the spice rub into a zipper sealed bag in a large bowl. Seal and shake bag to combine spices.
- Dry Wings. Take the chicken wings out of the package and dry the chicken skin off with a paper towel so that the dry rub will stick to the wings.
- Cover Wings with Spice Rub. Place wings into zipper sealed bag with the spice rub. Seal the bag and shake it until the wings are evenly covered with the dry rub.
- Transfer Wings to Baking Sheet. Transfer the chicken wings to a rimmed baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray or is lined with parchment paper for less mess. Space the wings out on the baking sheet in a single layer so that they are not touching. The wings will bake evenly when they are not touching each other.
- Bake. Bake for 45 minutes, turning once at the 20 minute mark.
- Serve Immediately and Enjoy. Serve these tasty wings with bbq sauce, ranch dressing, or blue cheese dressing.
Did you love this recipe? If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!! Follow Seanna's Kitchen and share this recipe with your friends on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest and subscribe my Newsletter for ALL the latest recipes! We'd love to hear from you!
looks so good!!
Thank you Hannah! You're the best!
Aw thanks Bud! I will for sure make them for you when you come home! I'll make ALL your favorites! Ha! 😘
These are the best!! And so easy! The old bay actually has a little bit of a kick. I’m big on spice and I love the old bay
Nice! I love Old Bay too. I feel like I park myself in front of the platter when Diane makes these. So irresistable!
LOVE these dry rub wings!!