Peach Dump Cake - Easy dessert recipe made with 3 pantry staples: canned peaches, cake mix, and butter, and baked to golden bubbly, syrupy perfection. Oh wow!
Dump Cake is the easiest dessert recipe to make. You just dump the ingredients into a pan one right after another and it's ready for the oven. It's very similar to Peach Cobbler, but is an easy alternative for beginners.
What Makes This Recipe Work
This dump cake recipe is super easy to throw together with just a few pantry ingredients.
Secret to this Recipe...is that it is a super versatile fruit dessert recipe. Don't have canned peaches? Just swap out canned peaches for any canned fruit that you have on hand, and you're good to go!
The are so many substitution possibilities for this easy fruit dessert! Here's some ideas for you:
Cherry and Pineapple
Here's What You Need
This Peach Dump Cake Recipe is made with just 3 pantry staples that are easy to keep on hand just in case you get the craving for an irresistible fruit dessert.
- 1 - 29 Ounce Can Sliced Peaches in Heavy Syrup
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Cup Salted Butter (2 Sticks)
How to Make Peach Dump Cake
This is the easiest dessert recipe there is. If you are willing to spend 5 minutes throwing it together and 45 minutes waiting while it bakes, you will be so glad you made the effort!
- Preheat Oven to 350°.
- Dump Peaches. Dump one can of Sliced Peaches with Heavy Syrup into the bottom of an oblong baking dish.
- Cake Mix. Dump and spread out one box of Yellow Cake Mix on top of the layer of peaches. Be careful spread out the cake mix so that it evenly covers the peaches.
- Cover with Butter. Cut the sticks of butter into thin pieces and layer the pieces of butter evenly over the cake mix layer.
- Bake. Bake the Peach Dump Cake at 350° for 45 minutes until the top is beautiful golden brown in color and the syrupy peaches are bubbling up along the sides of the baking dish.
Dump cake is a delicious baked fruit dessert made from 3 ingredients: Sliced canned fruit, cake mix, and topped with butter. Dump cake is similar to a cobbler, except that it uses cake mix instead of a biscuit or pastry topping that a cobbler uses.
You DO NOT STIR a dump cake. First layer is the fruit. Second layer is the cake mix. Third layer is butter on top. A lot of butter. The butter will soak into the cake mix layer underneath it and create a delicious, browned crust on top of the fruit when baked.
Dump cake is done when the fruit is bubbly on the edges and the cake is baked through.
Variation: - Try swapping out the Sliced Peaches for a can of Cherries and a can of Crushed Pineapple. Twice the fruit and oh so delicious!
There you have it. We hope you enjoy our super simple, super tasty recipe for the very best Peach Dump Cake - bubbly, syrupy, and delicious. And completely irresistible with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream. So good! Try it and let us know how you like it. We'd love to hear from you!
xo ~ Seanna
Video: Watch How to Make It
More Tasty Dessert Recipes
More Dump Cake Recipes
- Dump Cakes - Recipe by Ree Drummond on FoodNetwork.com.
- Crock Pot Cherry Dump Cake - Easy recipe using a Crock Pot by Crock Pot Ladies.
Did you love this recipe? If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!! Follow Seanna's Kitchen and share this recipe with your friends on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest and subscribe my Newsletter for ALL the latest recipes! We'd love to hear from you!