Crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes are a delicious and easy side dish everyone will love. Salty and tasty with the perfect combination of crispy outside and pillowy soft potato inside. Make this potato recipe for your next family meal or backyard bbq. We love to serve it with our BBQ Ribs. So Good.
Quick and Easy to Make
This Potato Recipe is quick and easy to make. You can have them ready in no time following these simple steps: Cut up potatoes into bite-sized pieces, toss with some olive oil and seasonings, and bake until golden brown and perfectly crispy.
Here's What You Need
Potato Types Good for Roasting
We recommend Yukon Gold for this Potato Recipe. They are our go-to potato choice around here. We find them to be a good middle of the road potato. Not too creamy. Not too starchy. The perfect balance.
Yukon Gold Potatoes - Firm texture, yet still creamy. They crisp up really nicely when roasted.
Red Skinned Potatoes - Thinner skinned potato with a very soft and creamy texture. Common choice for boiled preparations.
Russet Potatoes - More on the starchy side when compared to Yukon Gold. So less creamy in texture. The most common form of potato. Great choice for just about any potato recipe.
How to Serve
- Serve with ketchup, obviously.
- Loaded with bacon bits, cheddar cheese, chives, and sour cream.
- With garlic and herbs.
- Brats and burgers.
- Steak and eggs.
- In a breakfast skillet with scrambled eggs, sautéed spinach and mushrooms, and Tabasco.
It's as easy as that! We hope you enjoy our super simple, super tasty recipe for an easy side dish every time! Try it and let us know how you like it. We'd love to hear from you!
xo ~ Seanna
More Potato Recipes
- Crispy Roasted Parmesan Potatoes - From Nagi at Recipe Tin Eats. Super tasty with the added parmesan.
- The Best Crispy Roasted Potatoes Ever Recipe - From J. Kenji López-Alt over at Serious Eats. Seriously researched. Insanely delish!
Crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 3 Pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
Pre-Heat Oven 400°F.
- Prep the Potatoes. Cut each potato into medium sized pieces. To do this, cut each potato into quarters lengthwise. Then, cut each quarter into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the Seasonings. Place the potato pieces into a large mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, kosher salt and ground pepper.
- Spread Potatoes Onto Baking Sheet. Spread prepared potatoes evenly onto a baker's half sheet.
- Bake. Bake at 400°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on desired level of crispiness. Turn potatoes once after 20 minutes of baking for crispy edges on all sides.
Pro Tip for Crispy PotatoesSalt the potatoes just before baking. Salt will draw out water from the potatoes. So, be careful not to salt them too early or the water drawn out by the salt will cause the potatoes to steam instead of crisp up when you bake them.
Make Ahead TipOven Roasted Potatoes are crispiest and tastiest when served immediately. So, we do not recommend making them with the intention of reheating them. However, there are a few things you can do to prep ahead of time.
Cut up potatoes and store them covered in water in a bowl in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake them. You can do this step a day ahead. Then drain them in a colander, tapping the colander once or twice to bang out excess moisture before you move on to the next step in the recipe and add the olive oil and seasonings.
VariationsSpicy Oven Roasted Potatoes - Add in a tablespoon or two of Garlic Roasted Potatoes - Add two tablespoons of chopped fresh garlic. Parmesan Crusted Potatoes - Add one-half cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
Did you love this recipe? If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!! Follow Seanna's Kitchen and share this recipe with your friends on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest and subscribe my Newsletter for ALL the latest recipes! We'd love to hear from you!