Instant Pot Chicken Soup - Easy Chicken Soup Recipe you make when you want all the classic flavors of Homemade Chicken Soup, but don't have all day. So Fast and delicious!
Have this tasty recipe on the table in about an hour. This is THE Soup Recipe I make for all my friends and family anytime they need a little TLC and some comfort food.
Don't have an Instant Pot? No worries. All you need is our Classic Chicken Soup Recipe and some additional time to develop all the same comforting flavors. And don't miss our other tasty soup recipes.
What Makes This Recipe Work
Secret to this Recipe...Is the use of an Instant Pot, which uses high pressure to speed up the cooking process. The first time I used one to make Chicken Soup, I couldn't believe how fast it made soup. It cut the cooking time down by about 3 hours. And the resulting soup had the same beautiful depth of flavor as our stovetop Chicken Soup Recipe, but made in a fraction of the time.
Important Note: Use the Instant Pot according to the Manufacturer's Instructions. There are many steps and safety precautions that must be taken as specified by the Manufacturer in order to use the Instant Pot safely. Therefore, we do not include any instructions in this recipe as to how to use your Instant Pot.
Here's What You Need
Notes on Ingredients
- 1 Whole Chicken, Cut Up - Depending on the size of the chicken, you can use less, if necessary. We recommend adding enough chicken to reach the one-half line inside the Instant Pot.
- Onions, 1 Cup, Chopped
- Carrots, 1 Cup, Chopped
- Celery, 1 Cup, Chopped
- 2.5 Quarts Water - This is an approximate amount of water and will vary according to the amount of chicken used. Water should not exceed the PC Max line inside the Instant Pot.
- 5 Chicken Bouillon Cubes - We recommend Wyler's Chicken Instant Bouillon Cubes.
Bouillon Substitution: 1 Tablespoon Table Salt in place of 5 Chicken Bouillon Cubes.
- 1 Tablespoon Table Salt
- ½ Pound Acini di Pepe (Pastina Pasta), Cooked
Pasta Substitution: Substitute Wide Egg Noodles, Ditalini, or Broken Spaghetti, or your favorite pasta.
How to Make It
- Put Ingredients into Instant Pot.
- Add Water.
- Debone Chicken.
- Cut Up Chicken.
- Add Chicken and Cooked Pasta to Soup.
- Serve hot with crackers or bread sticks.
- Top with Parmesan Cheese (super delicious).
Freezing: Chicken Soup freezes well and is just as tasty reheated. That's one reason I like to make this to share with friends and family when they need a little comfort food. It's easy to freeze and transport in these handy food storage containers.
Reheating: Reheating is easy, depending on how you want to do it:
- Stovetop - Take frozen container of soup and pop the lid off. Run water over the bottom and sides of the container in order to loosen it from the sides. Then, just plop it into a pot to reheat.
- Microwave - Thaw frozen container of soup in the refrigerator overnight. Then, reheat in the microwave.
There you have it. Delicious Homemade Chicken Soup in a fraction of the time using the Instant Pot. It's as easy as that! We hope you enjoy our super simple, super tasty recipe for the Instant Pot Chicken Soup every time! Try it and let us know how you like it. We'd love to hear from you!
xo ~ Seanna
Video: Watch How to Make It
More Tasty Soup Recipes
More Tasty Comfort Food RecipesPrint
Did you love this recipe? If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!! Follow Seanna's Kitchen and share this recipe with your friends on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest and subscribe my Newsletter for ALL the latest recipes! We'd love to hear from you!