Ever walk into a Williams-Sonoma store in the fall and find the most lovely aroma of pumpkin wafting through the air? Chances are they've just baked a batch of their delicious "Simple Fall Dessert Squares". This is Williams-Sonoma's original recipe with made with our own Homemade Pumpkin Butter.
Here's What You Need
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix, Set 1 cup aside
- 8 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 4 Tablespoons Cold Butter, Cut into pieces
- 3 Eggs
- 16 Ounces Pumpkin Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Notes on Ingredients
Substitutions: This recipe is delicious with any flavor fruit butter like: Apple, Peach, Pear, or Fig Butter.
How to Make It
Split Cake Mix. Open the box of Yellow Cake Mix and take out one cup of the Mix and put it into a small bowl and set aside to use later.
- Prepare Bottom Layer. In a different bowl, combine the remaining Yellow Cake Mix, with the 8 Tablespoons of Melted Butter, and 1 Egg. Spread this mixture out, covering the bottom of the prepared baking sheet.
- Prepare Middle Layer. Next, mix together in a small bowl, 16 Ounces Pumpkin Butter, the remaining 2 Eggs, and the 2 Tablespoons of Milk. Layer this mixture evenly on top of the Mixture already covering the bottom of the baking sheet.
- Topping. Mix together the 1 Cup of Yellow Cake Mix previously set aside, with 1 Tablespoon of Flour, ¼ Cup of Sugar, and 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut in 4 Tablespoons of Cold Butter until all the butter is about pea-sized and mixed in evenly throughout the topping. Layer the Topping evenly over the top of the previously layered ingredients on the baking sheet.
- Bake. Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes until golden and delicious.
Pumpkin Squares are the perfect fall dessert to make ahead and freeze for just the right occasion. They are delicious straight out of the freezer! We like to use these handy restaurant storage containers.
Super moist and delicious, these Pumpkin Squares are the perfect pumpkin dessert for Thanksgiving, or to eat anytime! We hope you enjoy our super simple, super tasty recipe for the very best Pumpkin Squares. Let us know what you think. We'd love to hear from you!
xo ~ Seanna
Video: Watch How to Make It
More Tasty Dessert Recipes
Did you love this recipe? If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!! Follow Seanna's Kitchen and share this recipe with your friends on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest and subscribe my Newsletter for ALL the latest recipes! We'd love to hear from you!