Fried Corn - This easy side dish recipe made with corn on the cob is the perfect side dish for your next backyard BBQ or family gathering. So Delish!
Have this tasty recipe for on the table in 20 minutes. Made from fresh sweet corn and fried in butter, this tasty side dish will hit the spot. It's our favorite side dish to serve with our Oven Baked BBQ Ribs.
Here's What You Need
You just need a few ingredients to make skillet fried corn.
- Fresh Corn on the Cob
- Salt and Pepper
Picking the Best Corn
Choosing the perfect corn on the cob is sometimes hit or miss. But there are a few tell tale signs of a bad ear of corn that should avoided:
Brown Silk Tassels - The silk tassels of a good ear of corn, which are the silky hairlike strands found between the husk and the corn, should be fresh and clean looking. Avoid brown, wilted tassels.
Soft or Mushy Kernels - Avoid soft or mushy kernels of corn, which are a sign of over-ripened corn.
Overly Plump Kernels - Avoid overly plump kernels of corn, which are a sign of over-ripened corn.
How to Make It
This tasty recipe is super easy to make in just a few steps. You can have this easy side dish recipe on the table in around 20 minutes.
- Shuck and clean corn.
- Cut corn kernels off of the cob.
- Fry corn in butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with your main dish.
Pro Tip: Here's the easiest way to cut corn off of the cob:
- Place a flat bottomed bowl on a kitchen towel.
- Take an ear of corn on the cob, hold it on the end and hold it vertically in the bowl.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the kernels of corn off of the cob with a downward stroke.
It's as easy as that! Watch how to do it in the video below:
Southern Fried Corn - Love bacon? Corn is fried in bacon grease instead of butter. It also has its own unique method of cutting and scraping the corn off of the cob.
Elote (Mexican Street Corn) - Mexican-inspired flavors of char grilled corn, chili powder, lime juice, cilantro and Cotija cheese. Oh and don't forget the mayo!
There you have it. Fried Corn in 3 easy steps. It's as easy as that! We hope you enjoy our super simple, super tasty recipe for the very best fried corn every time! Try it and let us know how you like it. We'd love to hear from you!
xo ~ Seanna
More Tasty Sides
More Tasty Recipes
- Peach Dump Cake - Tasty dessert recipe to serve with BBQ and Fried Corn.
- Pot Roast - Savory dish that goes great with Fried Corn.
- Instant Pot Mexican Casserole - Great way to use leftover Fried Corn.
Simple Fried Corn Recipe
- 7 Corn Cobs
- 2 Tablespoons Salted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Table Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Prep Corn. Shuck and clean the Corn. Remove the husk and silk tassels. Wash the remaining silk tassels off of the corn.7 Corn Cobs
- Cut Corn off of Cob. Cut the kernels off the cob
- Fry and Season. Fry Corn in Butter and season with Salt and Pepper.2 Tablespoons Salted Butter, 1 Teaspoon Table Salt, ¼ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Serve. Serve this delicious Fried Corn as a side dish.
VariationsSouthern Fried Corn - made with Bacon Grease instead of butter.
Elote (Mexican Street Corn) - made with Mexican-inspired flavors and Cotija Cheese.
Did you love this recipe? If you make this recipe and love it, stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and leave a comment. THANK YOU!! Follow Seanna's Kitchen and share this recipe with your friends on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest and subscribe my Newsletter for ALL the latest recipes! We'd love to hear from you!